Wednesday 6 June 2007

Introduction to Touching the Void Even Deeper

For this piece I chose to include was *Seminar Paper #1. This was the first seminar of this quarter. It shows that I DO have the ability to write and analyze something properly. When I did write it, I chose to slow down and take it as it came. The **Seminar Paper was about the first book we had read, “Touching the Void.” The book itself was boring, but the seminar paper had us look deeper in the writing, which made the book a little more interesting. It was really eye-opening to analyse something that I just read. I think I did it pretty well: “'Oddly enough the physical and emotional trauma experienced in Peru in1985 did not change my life.... (Simpson 214)' The physical and emotional trauma did give him PTSD though, but the fame and the attention is what had changed his life."

* A Seminar is a time set aside in class, so the students can break-up into groups and discuss what they had read

** A Seminar Paper is a page of prepared quotes, interruptions, and words they may not understand chosen by a reader that they want to discuss.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home