Wednesday 6 June 2007

Life This Quarter ~ a Dear Reader Letter

Dear Reader,

I could say that this quarter was not my best. I could also say that what you are about to read is crap, but as I made this e-portfolio I was able to correct my writing and I now feel a satisfied. Even though this quarter has been somewhat a struggle, I am happy to say that I am STILL here! I am certainly happy that I did not quit and give up. I still want to be in my “pursuit of happynesss (Chris Gardner).” Looking back is still not an option for me when my focus needs to be on the future. Before winter quarter, I had actually changed my name from Rashelle to Shellie. A lot of people may not understand why I changed it, but that is okay. I changed it because I am not who I was. I had actually changed myself. I had recently moved to Mountlake Terrace, but within a week and a half, I will be moving to Brier. “It’s amazing how life can change in an instant (Shellie Bourdon, Winter Quarter '06).”

My name, as I have said earlier, has not always been Shellie. I had it changed during winter break from Rashelle. I felt it was a good change for me to take. I felt like God wanted me to change my name. Like Simon, who Jesus called Peter. I was born and raised in Everett, Washington. Then I moved to Mountlake Terrace this last March. Now I am moving to Brier where I am renting a room from a couple in my church. Moving is not something new to me. I seem to have done it all my life. But I praise God for He has saw me through it. My roommate where I am currently living at said, "You lived in a trailer, moved to an apartment, now you are living in a house? Where are going to live next? I mansion?" Yes, I did live in a trailer one point in my life. It sucked, but hey it's in the past.I'm really excited about what God has for me in the NEAR future.

This quarter of English has been a very “interesting” one. Time seemed to have flown by, leaving those who chose to give up behind. The pieces that I have chosen below are probably the best that I could find to show my writing skills. As this process of editing and adding to my writing has progressed, looking at my work now, they are not as bad as I had thought in the beginning. I seemed to have really struggled to keep-up in class. But some how I manage to keep forward.

For awhile I had a hard time deciding which MWA, or Major Writing Assignment, to chose. The MWA I did chose is the very last one we had to write. "Invasion of Choice." I definitely won't recommend trying to manage life on your own. If you have to ask a friend, or even your "mommy" for help, do it!!

One good thing about this quarter is that not a lot has happened. In my last quarter I had moved twice. Life came out of every crack it could find. This quarter, has been uneventful. I’m moving, but it is after this quarter ends. Hopefully this will be a more permanent home. Living where I am living right now has actually been a challenge. I currently live with others who have real different beliefs on how a home should be run. To spare their honor I don't want to share what they are. It was a real wake-up call.

Experiences we have, positive or negative, should be looked at and analyzed before it is tossed aside. I learned that looking deeper in a situation may help you find where a problem lies or where a solution may be hidden this quarter in English 98 . So, I need to take this “interesting” experience of a quarter and apply it to my future in schooling. I hope you enjoy reading my e-portfolio.

3 Comments:

At 12 June 2007 at 09:54, Blogger Melissa C. said...

Great blog.

I have read most of your blog and I can say that it was very creative. I like you dear reader letter the best.
It is sad that you have to move again but mabey you will find some sort of peace in your new place.
Keep up the great work and soon it will all come together.

Hope to see you soon.

 
At 12 June 2007 at 20:16, Blogger Valentina D said...

I like your e-portfolio! It is very well done. It was really interesting to read the pieces of writing that you chose. I like your last essay called “Invasion of Choice.” I think that this essay shows your great writing skills:)

 
At 12 June 2007 at 23:48, Blogger kaori said...

I read your portfolio. It is awesome. I liked reading "Dear Reader Letter", "Invasion of Choice", and "The Essence of Shellie". You have great writing skills.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home